Summer just started and unlike most traditional schools, McCann School of Business & Technology is still charging along. This can be hard sometimes because you want to be out enjoying different summer activities, like splashing around in the pool. Also, as we are all aware, summer can be downright miserable. No one wants to do anything in the heat. There will be days when even leaving the house seems like too much, but you have to because you still have school and attendance is still important. So here are some tips to help you stay motivated during the summer months.
Contributed By: Teresa Shami
- Maintain a Regular Schedule—Keeping a regular schedule will help you stay up on your school work. There are a lot of fun events during the summer, festivals, barbecues, pool parties, beach trips. Do not let these things throw off your schedule. Put aside time to do your homework and to study and stick to it.
- Allow Time for Fun and Reward Yourself—Although you are still in school and not on vacation, allow yourself time to have some summer fun. Give yourself the chance to relax.
- Seek Peer Support—You are not alone. Seek support from your classmates. They are in the same situation as you. You can hold each other accountable for showing up to class, completing assignments, and studying for tests.
- Dress the Part—We know it is hot, but remember you still have to wear your school uniform. You may not believe it, but dressing the part will keep you motivated and productive.
- Remember Your Intention—Remember why you are here and why you are in school. Remembering why you signed up to be here will boost your motivation no matter what the weather is like outside.