McCann School of Business & Technology Hosts “Live Once Tour” for High School Students
Wilkes-Barre, Pa. (March, 2016) – McCann School of Business & Technology, 264 Highland Park Blvd., is hosting its 5th “Live Once Tour” for high school students on Friday, April 29, 2016 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. The event is designed to discourage high school juniors and seniors from making dangerous life decisions.
“This is the fifth year the McCann Wilkes-Barre campus is hosting Live Once and in the past students have commented that the event has made them think twice about texting and driving and changed their outlook on many dangerous decisions,” said Lori Kane, Regional Community Relations for McCann. “Often, teens think they are invincible and this event is meant to open their eyes to how their actions can impact their futures.”
Live Once activities include:
- Texting simulators hosted by Lehigh Valley Health Network
- Luzerne County DUI Coordinator speaking about the consequences of DUIs
- Eileen Miller speaking about how she lost her son to a distracted driver
- Slideshow on how drugs affect your appearance
- Intoxication/impairment activities hosted by Wilkes-Barre Township Police Department
- K9 dog demonstration hosted by the Pennsylvania State Police
- Drunk vision goggles hosted by U.S. Army representatives
- Wyoming Valley Drug & Alcohol Services Inc. speaking about the dangers of making destructive decisions
- No Text Pledge hosted by WBRE-TV
For more information, please contact Lori Kane at firstname.lastname@example.org or (570) 449-1776.About McCannMcCann School of Business & Technology offers Associate degree and diploma programs at its multiple Pennsylvania campuses. The program categories include Healthcare, Technology, Skilled Trades, Legal & Protective Services and Beauty & Wellness. The mission of McCann is to prepare students for career-focused employment by delivering relevant career training. Visit us online at McCann.edu to view our complete list of program offerings at each campus. For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the programs, and other important information, please visit our website at: disclosure.mccann.edu.