Interested in Medical Billing and Coding Training Courses at McCann in Allentown, PA?
If you’re good with computers and enjoy working with others, then McCann’s Medical Billing and Coding Diploma may be right for you. McCann Allentown is conveniently located so that students from Allentown and the surrounding areas of Bethlehem, Philadelphia, Wyomissing and Breinigsville can start down the path to a new career in the medical field in as little as 15 months.
Plus, McCann’s Medical Billing and Coding training course is offered through our CampusFlex track which brings you the best of both on-campus classes and online coursework. You’ll spend the majority of your time at our campus, training in a group environment and complete some of your coursework online.
What Courses Will You Take in Our Medical Billing and Coding Training Course?
You’ll feel confident entering the workforce after completing your training at McCann School of Business and Technology. Our unique mix of text book and hands-on training, plus an externship course, will give you the skills and knowledge you need to succeed. Upon graduation you’ll apply for jobs with the real world experience employers are looking for. Some of the courses you’ll take include:
- Allied Health Orientation: This course will introduce allied health students to various roles of medical professionals. Student will be trained in scope of practice, legal and ethical responsibilities and governmental compliance required within allied health professions.
- Pathology: The course examines the disease process for all body systems as well as how each disease process affects the body as a whole. Student will learn proper methods to successfully educate patients and their family members on the disease process, prevention and health maintenance.
- Pharmacology: This course discusses the most commonly prescribed medications in the healthcare field. Students review the key drug classifications necessary to understand the relationships between the disease process and medications.
If you have questions about our Medical Billing and Coding program, download the Course Catalog.
Medical Billing & Coding Careers
Medical Records and Health Information Technician positions are expected to grow 22% by 2022, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. This can help you feel confident that the medical industry will need qualified people in work in careers like:
- Medical Secretary: As a Medical Secretary, you’ll be responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing medical services that help keep healthcare facilities running efficiently.
- Medical Records and Health Information Technician: As a Medical Records and Health Information Technician, you’ll keep the business side of healthcare on track. You’ll be replied on to calculate charges and develop bills for Doctors, hospitals and medical offices.
Start Your Medical Billing and Coding Training Course Today!
Start your Medical Billing and Coding training courses today with McCann and, in as little as 15 months, you could be in a job you love. You’ll have classes with qualified instructors helping you get where you want to go. Call 866.865.8065 or click here to request more information.*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2014-15 Edition, Medical Records and Health Information Technicians, on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/medical-records-and-health-information-technicians.htm.