Start a New Career as an IT Support Specialist with IT Support Specialist Courses at McCann School of Business & Technology in Monroe, LA
Are you good with computers? Would you like to make a living working with them? If so, you could be on your way to a new career in as little as 18 months after completing our IT Support Specialist courses. So if you’re looking for IT training in Louisiana, and live near Monroe, Bastrop, Ruston, Winnsboro, Calhoun, Farmerville and Rayville, we could be the right choice for you.
What You’ll Learn in IT Support Specialist Courses
McCann provides the hands-on training you need to succeed. Our courses include:
- Networking Concepts: This course develops technical skills in networking administration and support. Topics include media and topologies, protocols and standards, network implementation, network support, troubleshooting networking issues, installing and configuring network firewalls, and installing and configuring routers and switches. This course helps prepare students with the necessary knowledge and skills to take the Network + Certification Exam.
- Customer Service and Help Desk Concepts: This course prepares students to be effective written and verbal communicators in an IT organization. Students will learn effective customer service skills, how to prepare help desk tickets and technical documentation and to service technical devices in an enterprise-wide Help Desk organization.
- Server Administration I: This course introduces students to a server environment. Lectures, discussions, demonstrations and laboratory exercises are used to provide students with the skills and knowledge necessary to administer and support a Microsoft Windows Server. This class helps prepare students for Microsoft Certification.
If you want to learn more about the variety of courses you’ll take, download our Course Catalog.
IT Support Specialist Career Opportunities
In this an increasingly digital world the demand for Network Administrators will grow 12% by the year 2022 according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. McCann’s Information Technology training will prepare you for a number of different jobs including:
- Network and Computer Systems Administrator: As a Network and Computer Systems Administrator, you’ll ensure that a company’s network runs smoothly. You may install, configure and support local networks and Internet systems. You’ll also be responsible for troubleshooting problems and monitoring networks.
- Computer Network Support Specialist: As a Computer Network Support Specialist, you’ll analyze, test, troubleshoot and evaluate network systems. You’ll help maintain company network operations to prevent outages.
- Computer User Support Specialist: As a Computer User Support Specialist you’ll provide technical assistance to company employees. From answering questions to fixing problems, you can be the go-to person for all technology issues.
Start Your IT Support Specialist Courses Today!
Don’t wait to start training for a new career. Call McCann School of Business & Technology today and we’ll help you get the hands-on experience you need to start a new career.
Call 866.865.8065 today to talk with one of our Admissions Representatives and learn how we’ll help you get the career you want. Or, click here to request additional information on our career training programs.*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2014-15 Edition, Network and Computer Systems Administrators,
on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/network-and-computer-systems-administrators.htm (visited August 11, 2015).