This campus is now CLOSED and no longer enrolling for this campus. Please see our other locations and online options.
To request an Academic Transcript from McCann, please click here.
Looking for a Technical or Career School in Pottsville, PA?
Have you just graduated from high school and want to enter the workforce quickly without the expense or time commitment of a four-year school? Are you interested in advancing or obtaining a brand new career?
If you answered yes to either of these questions you should consider a school in Pottsville, PA. For residents of Pottsville, Selinsgrove, Danville, Williamsport and Bloomsburg, the McCann School of Business & Technology is right in your backyard.
Why Choose McCann for Your Career Education?
Choosing your career path is an important decision and a school with few course offerings would limit your choices. The McCann School of Business & Technology offers a variety of programs at the Pottsville campus. Program fields include:
- Beauty & Wellness: Train for a career as a Massage Therapist.
- Healthcare: Prepare for a hands-on position in Medical Assisting, Phlebotomy, and more.
- Business: Learn business practices and philosophies in the Accounting and Business Administration fields.
- Legal & Protective Services: Prepare for a career in security or corrections after completing Criminal Justice courses.
- Technology: Train for a career in IT Support or Computer Office Support.
- Skilled Trades: Get the hands-on training you need to become an Electrician or Heating and Air Conditioning Mechanic
These are just a few of the many career education programs provided at McCann. With such a wide variety of course offerings, students have many options when choosing a career path.
What Makes McCann Different from other Pennsylvania Schools?
McCann School of Business & Technology is dedicated to preserving the highest standards of education. Here are just a few reasons why McCann is different from other schools in the area:
- Our programs provide hands-on learning opportunities to prepare students for their future careers. Through lab courses, practicums and externships, our students get the practical experience needed to wow employers.
- We keep our class sizes small to make sure each student gets the personalized attention they need to perform well academically.
- Our instructors are experienced professionals who make sure students are prepared to enter the workforce by offering advice and sharing their experiences in the field.
- Our programs teach the skills employers are looking for. We’ve formed partnerships with local businesses and teach our students the skills they need to be successful in their new job positions. Employers reach out to use when looking for a new employee.
Contact McCann School of Business & Technology in Pottsville, PA to start on the path to success!
If you’re ready to start on the path to success, give us a call today at 866.865.8065 to learn how we can help you get started. Click here to request more information on our school, our career training programs or to schedule a tour of our campus.
ACICS Performance Information Disclosure
These are the self-reported data submitted to ACICS by the institution in its most recent Campus Accountability Report.
|Campus Location||2017 Overall Retention Rate||2017 Overall Placement Rate|
|Wilkes Barre, PA||71%||34%|
|Campus Location||2017 Overall Retention Rate||2017 Overall Placement Rate|
|Campus Location||Program||Credential||2017 Retention Rate||2017 Placement Rate||2017 Licensure Rate|
|Carlisle, PA||Business Administration||Occupational Associate's Degree||68%||35%||N/A|
|Carlisle, PA||Criminal Justice||Occupational Associate's Degree||62%||27%||N/A|
|Carlisle, PA||Electronic Health Records||Occupational Associate's Degree||50%||0%||N/A|
|Carlisle, PA||I.T. Support Specialist||Occupational Associate's Degree||59%||100%||N/A|
|Carlisle, PA||Massage Therapy||Certificate/Diploma||100%||0%||100%|
|Carlisle, PA||Medical Assisting||Occupational Associate's Degree||74%||47%||N/A|
|Carlisle, PA||Medical Billing And Coding||Certificate/Diploma||57%||50%||N/A|
|Carlisle, PA||Paralegal||Occupational Associate's Degree||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Carlisle, PA||Surgical Technology||Occupational Associate's Degree||76%||36%||N/A|
|Hazleton, PA||Business Administration||Occupational Associate's Degree||69%||60%||N/A|
|Hazleton, PA||Commerical and Industrial Maintenance Technician||Occupational Associate's Degree||76%||100%||N/A|
|Hazleton, PA||Computer Science And Programming||Occupational Associate's Degree||70%||17%||N/A|
|Hazleton, PA||Criminal Justice||Occupational Associate's Degree||49%||67%||N/A|
|Hazleton, PA||Early Childhood Education||Occupational Associate's Degree||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Hazleton, PA||Electronic Health Records||Occupational Associate's Degree||89%||75%||N/A|
|Hazleton, PA||I.T. Support Specialist||Occupational Associate's Degree||63%||N/A||N/A|
|Hazleton, PA||Massage Therapy||Certificate/Diploma||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Hazleton, PA||Medical Assisting||Occupational Associate's Degree||61%||41%||N/A|
|Hazleton, PA||Medical Billing And Coding||Certificate/Diploma||79%||0%||N/A|
|Hazleton, PA||Medical Clinical Assistant||Certificate/Diploma||80%||N/A||N/A|
|Hazleton, PA||Paramedic||Occupational Associate's Degree||55%||50%||N/A|
|Hazleton, PA||Professional Massage Therapy||Occupational Associate's Degree||85%||0%||33%|
|Hazleton, PA||Surgical Technology||Occupational Associate's Degree||71%||67%||N/A|
|Hazleton, PA||Welding Technology||Occupational Associate's Degree||67%||100%||N/A|
|Pottsville, PA||Accounting||Occupational Associate's Degree||71%||33%||N/A|
|Pottsville, PA||Accounting Assistant||Certificate/Diploma||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Pottsville, PA||Business Administration||Occupational Associate's Degree||55%||80%||N/A|
|Pottsville, PA||Computer Office Support||Certificate/Diploma||25%||0%||N/A|
|Pottsville, PA||Computer Science And Programming||Occupational Associate's Degree||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Pottsville, PA||Criminal Justice||Occupational Associate's Degree||78%||38%||N/A|
|Pottsville, PA||Early Childhood Education||Occupational Associate's Degree||71%||60%||N/A|
|Pottsville, PA||Electrical Systems||Occupational Associate's Degree||79%||67%||N/A|
|Pottsville, PA||Electronic Health Records||Occupational Associate's Degree||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Pottsville, PA||Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning/Refrigeration||Occupational Associate's Degree||73%||69%||N/A|
|Pottsville, PA||Human Services Assistant||Occupational Associate's Degree||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Pottsville, PA||I.T. Support Specialist||Occupational Associate's Degree||73%||44%||N/A|
|Pottsville, PA||Marketing And Management||Occupational Associate's Degree||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Pottsville, PA||Massage Therapy||Certificate/Diploma||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Pottsville, PA||Medical Assisting||Occupational Associate's Degree||73%||60%||N/A|
|Pottsville, PA||Medical Billing And Coding||Certificate/Diploma||100%||100%||N/A|
|Pottsville, PA||Medical Clinical Assistant||Certificate/Diploma||73%||100%||N/A|
|Pottsville, PA||Microcomputer Applications||Certificate/Diploma||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Pottsville, PA||Office Technology-Medical||Occupational Associate's Degree||93%||50%||N/A|
|Pottsville, PA||Paralegal||Occupational Associate's Degree||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Pottsville, PA||Professional Massage Therapy||Occupational Associate's Degree||59%||50%||100%|
|Shreveport, LA||Administrative Office Technology||Occupational Associate's Degree||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Shreveport, LA||Business Management||Occupational Associate's Degree||47||N/A||N/A|
|Shreveport, LA||Cosmetology||Occupational Associate's Degree||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Shreveport, LA||Cosmetology Instructor||Certificate/Diploma||92%||29%||63|
|Shreveport, LA||Criminal Justice||Occupational Associate's Degree||58%||N/A||N/A|
|Shreveport, LA||Massage Therapy||Certificate/Diploma||88%||16%||41%|
|Shreveport, LA||Massage Therapy||Occupational Associate's Degree||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Shreveport, LA||Medical Assisting||Occupational Associate's Degree||57%||82%||N/A|
|Shreveport, LA||Medical Office Assistant||Certificate/Diploma||64%||9%||N/A|
|Shreveport, LA||Paralegal||Occupational Associate's Degree||100%||N/A||N/A|
|Shreveport, LA||Surgical Technology||Occupational Associate's Degree||79%||41%||N/A|
|Wilkes Barre, PA||Accounting||Occupational Associate's Degree||100%||50%||N/A|
|Wilkes Barre, PA||Business Administration||Occupational Associate's Degree||72%||41%||N/A|
|Wilkes Barre, PA||Clinical Medical Assistant||Certificate/Diploma||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Wilkes Barre, PA||Criminal Justice||Occupational Associate's Degree||69%||17%||N/A|
|Wilkes Barre, PA||Electronic Health Records||Occupational Associate's Degree||69%||43%||N/A|
|Wilkes Barre, PA||I.T. Support Specialist||Occupational Associate's Degree||73%||50%||N/A|
|Wilkes Barre, PA||Massage Therapy||Certificate/Diploma||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Wilkes Barre, PA||Medical Assisting||Occupational Associate's Degree||73%||33%||N/A|
|Wilkes Barre, PA||Medical Billing And Coding||Certificate/Diploma||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Wilkes Barre, PA||Medical Office Assistant||Certificate/Diploma||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Wilkes Barre, PA||Paralegal||Occupational Associate's Degree||50%||N/A||N/A|
|Wilkes Barre, PA||Security & Investigation||Occupational Associate's Degree||100%||0%||N/A|
Definition of Placement
The school uses the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) placement rate methodology. ACICS applies the following Definition of Placement to outcomes reported by member institutions:
- Placed based upon job titles: Any graduate or completer of a program that was placed based upon job titles included in the list of job titles published by the institution for which the program prepares students. These job titles must be those published by the institution on its web site in compliance with USDOE Title IV regulations and must be identified in the Department’s CIP-to-SOC Crosswalk (Standard Occupational Classification, U.S. Department of Labor) with the Classification of Instructional Programs (CIP) code of this program.
- Placed based upon the required use of skills: Any graduate or completer of a program that was placed based upon the required use of skills learned in the student’s program as a predominant component of the job. These skills must be those listed in the institution’s published program description and a majority of these skills must be documented in the employer’s job description as required or desired skills, duties or responsibilities.
- Placed based upon the benefit of the training: Any graduate or completer of a program that was placed based upon the benefit of the training received from the program in obtaining a new position or maintaining a current position, supporting promotion or improving job-related skills.
ACICS calculates placement rates as follows:
(Placed by job title + Placed by skills + Placed by benefit of training)
((Completers + Graduates) - (Exemptions*))
* Exemptions are certain categories of students which are excluded from the placement rate calculation. These categories are: pregnancy, death or other health-related issues, continuing education, military service, visa restrictions, enrollment in English as a Second Language (ESL) program, and incarceration.