Obtain Paralegal and Legal Secretary Training in Pottsville, PA
Are you fascinated with the legal system? Do you pay close attention to details? Do you like to be a part of a team? If you can say yes, then your future career isn’t far away. Earn your Associate in Specialized Business Degree through McCann’s Paralegal program.
In as little as 18 months, through our Paralegal training, you can earn your Associate in Specialized Business Degree and start making a difference in the legal system. McCann has been helping students from the Pottsville, Frackville, Tamaqua, Pine Grove and Bloomsburg areas for years. Now we want to help you.
This program is offered through our CampusFlex track which brings you the best of both on-campus classes and online coursework. You’ll spend the majority of your time at our campus, training in a group environment and complete some of your coursework online.
Start Your Paralegal Classes Today
When it comes to finding a career and a new job, the team at McCann School of Business & Technology provides qualified instructors who want to help you learn. They will teach you what you need to know to enter the job market and start a new career.
Here are some of the Paralegal and Legal Secretary classes you’ll take at McCann:
- Introduction to Legal Systems: This course provides an overview of the U.S. legal system. The course introduces and develops terminology and concepts related to the origins and history of U.S. law, substantive and procedural criminal and civil law, the courts, and constitutional and legislative trends and developments in the law.
- Legal Research: This course introduces students to the process of conducting legal research using electronic and library resources. Primary and secondary sources of law are identified, explained and applied. Students learn how to conduct research on constitutional, statutory and case law, using the IRAC process. Proper citation form and Shepardizing are also discussed and applied.
- Criminal Procedure: The course proceeds through the criminal justice system, from first police contact, searches, interrogations and other investigation, through the prosecution, preliminary proceedings and trial. Problems of federalism, the exclusionary rule and sentencing are discussed. Comprehensive presentation of major issues in criminal process, with emphasis on Supreme Court cases interpreting the Constitution is also addressed.
You’ll also take several additional classes and an externship as you complete your Associate in Specialized Business Degree. To find out more information about McCann’s Paralegal training, download our Course Catalog.
Discover Your New Career with McCann’s Paralegal Program
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the need for Paralegals will see a 17% rise in demand by the year 2022.* When you graduate from McCann School of Business & Technology, rest assured that you will find plenty of job openings.
Here are just a few of the possible jobs and career opportunities once you earn your Associate in Specialized Business Degree:
- Legal Secretary: As a Legal Secretary, you will keep clients informed about their cases, answer questions and schedule appointments in a law office. You will prepare documents like subpoenas, summaries and motions for criminal, corporate and civil proceedings.
- Paralegal/Legal Assistant: When you become a Paralegal/Legal Assistant, you will help attorneys prepare for cases by creating documents, conducting research and filing documents. You will aid lawyers in their busy day-to-day tasks as they prepare for clients and court dates.
- Title Examiner: As a Title Examiner, you’ll work closely with real estate and mortgage documentation to summarize records that affect property titles. By researching public and private records, Title Examiners apply both their administrative skills and understanding of the legal system to prepare title companies, law firms, or real estate agencies with critical title documentation.
Get Started on Your Paralegal and Legal Secretary Training Today
While becoming a lawyer can take years, you can jump into the legal world in less than 18 months when you earn your Associate in Specialized Business Degree through our Paralegal program. Call us at 866.865.8065 or click here for more information.*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2014-15 Edition, Paralegals and Legal Assistants,
on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/legal/paralegals-and-legal-assistants.htm (visited June 29, 2015).