Start Your Online IT Support Specialist Courses Today with McCann School of Business & Technology
Do you have a talent working with computers? Do you envision a career working with computers? And are you looking for online classes that fit your busy lifestyle? If so, then McCann School of Business & Technology Online IT Support Specialist program may be right for you.
In as little as 18 months you could earn your IT Support Specialist Associate of Occupational Studies degree online and start in a new, rewarding career.
What You’ll Learn in IT Support Specialist Courses
McCann provides hands-on Information Technology training to prepare you for a variety of Information Technology careers. A few of the courses include:
- Networking Concepts: This course will help you develop technical skills in networking administration and support. Topics include media and topologies, protocols and standards, network implementation, network support, troubleshooting networking issues, installing and configuring network firewalls and installing and configuring routers and switches. This course helps prepare students with the necessary knowledge and skills to take the Network + Certification Exam.
- Customer Service and Help Desk Concepts: This course prepares students to be effective written and verbal communicators in an IT organization. Students will learn effective customer service skills, how to prepare help desk tickets and technical documentation and to service technical devices in an enterprise-wide Help Desk organization.
- Desktop Configuration: This course instructs students on the identifying cause of and resolving desktop application and networking issues, managing and maintaining systems that run the Microsoft OS, supporting mobile users and identifying cause of and resolving security issues. This course prepares students to take the Microsoft Windows Configuring Certification.
Plus, you’ll have the chance to participate in an externship program. For more information about the courses you’ll take and your externship, download our Course Catalog.
Career Opportunities with IT Training
McCann IT Support Specialist training will prepare you for a number of different jobs including:
- Network and Computer Systems Administrator: Network and Computer Systems Administrators ensure that an organization's computer network runs smoothly. They are responsible for troubleshooting problems and monitor networks to detect malware and other cyber-attacks.
- Computer Network Support Specialist: Computer Network Support Specialists help maintain company network operations to prevent outages. You’ll also analyze, test, troubleshoot and evaluate networks.
- Computer User Support Specialists: From answering questions to fixing problems, you could be the go-to person for all technology issues. As a Computer User Support Specialist you’ll provide technical assistance to company employees.
Plus, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the demand for Network Administrators will grow 12% by the year 2022, which ensures that there will be plenty of opportunities for you once you graduate.
Begin IT Support Specialist Courses Today!
Don’t wait. Start your online IT training for your new career with McCann School of Business & Technology. We’ll help you gain the skills and knowledge you need to be a success. Upon graduation you’ll feel prepared to start an exciting new career. Speak to an Admissions Representative today by calling 866.865.8065. Learn how we can help you get the career you deserve. Click here to request additional information.*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2014-15 Edition, Network and Computer Systems Administrators,
on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/network-and-computer-systems-administrators.htm (visited August 11, 2015).