Looking for an Online Paralegal Program in Louisiana? Begin Your Career with Paralegal Training at McCann - Monroe, LA
Are you detail-oriented? Do you want to have an exciting career involved in the legal system? If so, then the online Paralegal program offered at McCann School of Business and Technology - Monroe, LA could be the right fit for you.
In as little as 18 months, you can earn your Associate of Occupational Studies Degree by completing our online Paralegal program. When you enroll at McCann - Monroe, LA, you are making a sound investment in your future and will be on your way to a new career.
Earn a Paralegal Associate of Occupational Studies Degree Online
With an Associate of Occupational Studies degree from McCann - Monroe, LA, you will learn the skills needed to become a Paralegal. As an important member of the legal system, lawyers and judges will rely on your abilities and knowledge to prepare for cases. Below are some of the classes you will take as part of the online Paralegal program at McCann - Monroe, LA:
- Property Law: This course is an introduction to the core concepts of real estate ownership and real estate sales transactions. Students will prepare documents required for real estate transactions: purchase/sale agreements, deeds and other closing documents, title insurance commitments and policies and surveys. The course will also provide an understanding of intellectual property issues including terminology, basic principles and documentation requirements of copyright and patent protections.
- Legal Writing: This course introduces students to the development and preparation of common legal documents through practiced researching and frequent writing assignments. Representative documents are created for each student’s professional portfolio.
- Family Law: Course focuses on issues surrounding marriage, divorce and custody within the local jurisdiction. Students will learn basic principles of property distribution, child, and spousal support, as well as marriage alternatives.
For more information about our program and other courses, download our Course Catalog.
Learn How to Become a Paralegal
McCann - Monroe, LA Paralegal classes will prepare you for the job market. When you graduate, you will enter the workforce with the confidence you need to find the job that fits your career goals. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the demand for Paralegals is likely to increase 17% by the year 2022.* This means you can be confident that your skills will be valued by employers.
Here are some of the career options that may be available to you after graduation:
- Legal Secretary: Government agencies, law firms, and businesses depend on Legal Secretaries on a daily basis. You will be able to use your knowledge of legalese to assist in important research and courtroom procedures.
- Paralegal/Legal Assistant: As a Paralegal/Legal Assistant, you will become a part of the foundation of the American legal system. You will use your knowledge and skills to become familiar with cases from top to bottom in order to help win the case.
Get Started on Your Paralegal Training Today!
If you’re searching for an online Paralegal program, look no further than McCann - Monroe, LA. With training as a Paralegal (or Legal Secretary), you will be on your way to a fulfilling career. Call us today at 866.865.8065 to get started or click here to request more information.
McCann Online Programs are offered via the Monroe, LA Campus.*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2014-15 Edition, Paralegals and Legal Assistants, on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/legal/paralegals-and-legal-assistants.htm