Why Choose McCann for Your Vocational Education?
Dating back to 1897, McCann School of Business & Technology began training an elite workforce for secretarial and accounting work. Now, over 100 years later, McCann has three locations in two different states that help provide industry-informed, career-focused vocational education.
*Financial aid is available to those who qualify.
An Accredited Education
We aim to provide high-quality education for vocational and skills-based careers.
Accrediting Commision of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)
2101 Wilson Blvd., Suite 302
Arlington, VA 22201
(Branch Campuses of Miller-Motte College Chattanooga, TN)
The McCann School of Business & Technology Surgical Technology Associate in Specialized Technology degree program at the Lewisburg campus is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Accreditation Review Council on Education in Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (ARC/STSA).
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
25400 U.S. Highway 19 North, Suite 158
Clearwater, FL 33763
State Approvals & Licenses
- Schools located in Pennsylvania: McCann School of Business & Technology is authorized by the Department of Education, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to confer the degree of Associate in Specialized Business/Technology for completion of certain two-year programs.
- The school is licensed by the Pennsylvania State Board of Private Licensed Schools.
- The school is an eligible institution for students to receive the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency Grants.
- The school is an eligible institution for students to receive the United States Department of Education Title IV Aid (Pell, SEOG, FWS) and for participation in the Federal Direct Loan Program.
- The school is approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education for veterans’ training.
- The school is approved by the Bureau of Vocational Rehabilitation for the training of rehabilitation students.
- Schools located in Louisiana are licensed by the Louisiana State Board of Regents and adhere to the rules and regulations of the Louisiana Proprietary Schools Advisory Commission.
McCann School of Business & Technology has over 100 years of history, and was founded in Mahanoy City, PA, by Louis C. McCann. Initially training students in accountancy and secretarial work, the school eventually evolved to include more lessons. It became accredited in 1959 by the Accrediting Commission of the Association of Independent Colleges & Schools. McCann eventually expanded to include 3 campuses.
In January 2018, STVT-AAI Education Inc., dba Ancora Education, acquired the McCann Schools of Business & Technology in Lewisburg, PA; Allentown, PA; Monroe, LA; and Shreveport, LA. As part of the acquisition, the schools became accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), as branch campuses of Platt College in Tulsa, OK. In 2021, the schools became accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), as branch campuses of Miller-Motte College in Chattanooga, TN.
Today, as in the past, McCann School of Business & Technology is a leader in education. The faculty, administration, and staff are committed to the standards of instruction as originally established by Louis C. McCann.
The Mission of McCann School of Business & Technology is to Inspire and empower individuals through education and skill development.
To accomplish this mission, we utilize our core values as a blueprint to create an environment centered on the personal and professional development of students, employees and employers.
The McCann School of Business Technology Core Values utilized to create positive experiences are grounded in:
- Customer Service